List of Content
- 1 QUICK FACTS
- 2 ABOUT COEP
- 3 COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING PUNE COURSES & SEATS
- 4 RANKING
- 5 HOW TO JOIN COEP PUNE
- 6 MHT CET PATTERN
- 7 SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
- 8 MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- 9 HOW TO PREPARE
- 10 COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING PUNE CUT OFF(2019)
- 11 FEE STRUCTURE
- 12 HOSTEL FEES
- 13 OTHER FACILITIES AT COEP
- 14 COEP PUNE PLACEMENTS
- 15 TOP RECRUITING COMPANIES
- 16 NOTABLE ALUMNI
- 17 INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
- 18 HOW TO REACH COEP
- 19 ICT Mumbai
- 20 DJSCE Mumbai
College of Engineering Pune (COEP) is an autonomous college which is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. COEP was established back in 1854, and it is one of the oldest colleges in Asia after the College of Engineering, Guindy Chennai, and IIT Roorkee. Back in 1854 it was known as Poona Engineering and Mechanical School, after that, it was renamed as Poona Civil Engineering College, and from 2006 onward it is named College of Engineering Pune. COEP is spread across 37 acres of land. Graduates from this college is known as COEPians.
Official Website : https://www.coep.org.in/
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING PUNE COURSES & SEATS
- BACHELOR’S COURSES
- MASTER’S COURSES
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA
1. Ph. D. (Tech.) and DIRECT Ph. D. (Tech.) in
a) Bio process Technology
b) Chemical Engineering
c) Dyestuff Technology
d) Fibers and Textile Processing Technology
e) Food Biotechnology
f) Food Engineering and Technology
g) Green Technology
i) Oils, Oleo chemicals and Surfactants Technology
k) Pharmaceutical Technology
l) Polymer Engineering and Technology
m) Surface Coating Technology
n) Plastic Engineering
o) Perfumery and Flavor Technology
Ph. D. (Tech.) in
a) Civil Engineering
b) Electrical Engineering
c) Electronics Engineering
d) Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. (Tech.) in Pharmacy has following four branches:
b) Pharmaceutical Chemistry
2. Ph. D. (Sci.) in
f) Food Science
g) Textile Chemistry
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (2 years - 4 semesters)
[conducted on Saturdays and Sundays only]
Chemical Technology Management
HOW TO JOIN COEP PUNE
- MHT CET: Students with good marks in MHT CET exam will be eligible to attend MHT CET counseling procedure. Cut-offs are generally announced in 4 rounds.
NOTE: Minimum of 50% marks are required in 10+2 to get admission for GEN candidate and for category students 45% marks is mandatory. Percentage reduction is valid for residents of Maharashtra only.
PG Students are shortlisted based on the GATE/GPAT score along with the written exam of the Institute or on merit list issued by the Institute.
Ph.D. candidates are shortlisted based on written round and personal interview taken by the COEP.
MHT CET PATTERN
- The exam will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted online.
- Either student can choose PCM or PCB.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Physics and Chemistry paper is of 90 minutes and Maths/Biology Paper is of 90 minutes.
- The format of the questions paper is shown in the image below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
There are a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with 4 options out of which one is correct. There are 50 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology. For each correct answer in Physics and Chemistry, +1 mark is awarded and Maths/Biology +2 mark is awarded. There is no negative marking. Zero mark is awarded for not answering the question. The maximum marks for the exam are 200.
SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
NOTE: 80% Portion comes from 12 class textbooks and 20% portion comes from 11 class textbooks.
Physics Syllabus of Class 11
|3. Friction in Solids and Liquids|
|4. Scalars and Vectors|
|5. Ray Optics|
|6. Refraction of Light|
|7. Magnetic Effect of Electric Current|
Physics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Circular Motion|
|2. Rotational Motion|
|7. Wave Motion|
|9. Surface Tension|
|10. Wave Theory of Light|
|11. Stationary Waves|
|12. Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation|
|13. Interference and Diffraction|
|14. Current Electricity|
|15. Magnetic Effects of Electric Current|
|16. Electromagnetic Inductions|
|17. Electrons and Photons|
|18. Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei|
|20. Communication Systems|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 11
|1. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|2. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|3. Surface Chemistry|
|4. Redox Reactions|
|5. Nature of Chemical Bond|
|7. s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)|
|8. Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Solid State|
|2. Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic|
|4. General Principles and Processes of Isolation|
|5. Solutions and Colligative Properties|
|7. p-Block elements Group 15 elements|
|8. d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements|
|9. Chemical Kinetics|
|10. Coordination Compounds|
|11. Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes (and arenes)|
|12. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13. Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen|
|14. Alcohols, Phenols and Ether Alcohol|
|16. Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|17. Biomolecules Carbohydrates|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 11
|1. Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles|
|2. Factorization Formulae|
|3. Trigonometric Functions|
|4. Straight Line|
|5. Circle and Conics|
|6. Sets, Relations, and Functions|
|7. Sequences & Series|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Mathematical Logic Statements|
|3. Pair of Straight Lines|
|7. Trigonometric Functions|
|9. Three Dimensional Geometry|
|11. Linear Programming Problems|
|13. Applications of Derivative|
|16. Applications of Definite Integral|
|17. Differential Equation|
|18. Probability Distribution|
|20. Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution|
Biology (Botany) Syllabus:
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Gene: its nature, expression and regulation
- Biotechnology: Process and Application
- Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in Plants
- Organisms and Environment -I
- Diversity in organisms
- Biochemistry of cell
- Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- Plant Growth and Development
Biology (Zoology) Syllabus:
- Origin and the Evolution of Life
- Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic Engineering and Genomics
- Human Health and Diseases
- Animal Husbandry
- Circulation, Excretion and osmo regulation
- Control and Co-ordination
- Human Reproduction
- Organisms and Environment-II
- Organization of Cell
- Animal tissues
- Human Nutrition
- Human Respiration
MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- Application Fee (For General Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra and J&K Migrant Candidates) is Rs. 800
- Application Fee [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC], and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra is Rs. 600
Official Website: mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING PUNE CUT OFF(2019)
MHT CET Rank
(After 3 Round)
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Hostel fee is Rs. 27000 for all category per year. Hostel deposit of Rs.5000 is to be paid extra.
OTHER FACILITIES AT COEP
The hostel campus is located very close to the institute campus. Bus stand and railway station is just 5 minutes away. There are total 10 boys’ hostels and 2 girls’ hostels. Hostels are equipped with basic amenities like table, chair, cupboard in the rooms (Image is attached in gallery section at the last). Campus is surrounded by greenery all over. Common T.V. room is present in all hostels and campus also has facilities for playing cricket, football, basketball, tennis and other sports and games.
There is computer center with more than 100 computers with 48 Mbps connectivity. Internet is provided in every hostel room through LAN.
Medical facilities is also available in the hostel as well as separate block is there with bed facilities.
COEP PUNE PLACEMENTS
TOP RECRUITING COMPANIES
For complete list of visiting companies: Visit gallery at last
Being one of the oldest engineering colleges in India, COEP has Alumni in almost all streams, starting from Sir M. Visvesvaraya, Bharat Ratna awardee in whose honor Engineers’ Day is celebrated.
Other notable alumni includes:
- Sanjay Govind Dhande, Padma Shri. He was appointed as director of IIT Kanpur
- Vijay Kelkar, Padma Vibhushan, he served as advisor to Finance Minister, Government of India.
- Ramesh Raskar, Associate Professor at MIT
- Rajiv Bajaj, MD of Bajaj Auto
- Sumant Moolgaokar, Padma Bhushan, he is known as the architect of Tata Motors.
Below is the list of MOU signed with these Universities:
- University of Illinois, USA
- University of Calgary
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of North Texas
- St. Bonaventure University
- Ostfalia, University of Applied Science at Wolfenbuttel, Germany
And many more…
Download Complete list: Click Here
HOW TO REACH COEP
COEP Pune is well connected by rail and road.
Air Route: Pune has an airport. Take cab to the campus, which takes around thirty to forty minutes.
By Road: COEP is well connected to all the major highways like Pune-Mumbai highway and Pune-Nagpur highway.
By Rail: Pune station is just 2.5 km away from COEP and Shivaji Nagar is in the vicinity of the college.
Address: Wellesley Rd, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411005
Contact Number: 020 2550 7000
- Gallery Item
WORDS OF APPRECIATION FROM AUTHOR
I am glad you have made it through last, I know what you are thinking “article is so so big ” but that’s what I promised not to leave any information. If you have found any value out of this content please leave a comment. Also share your feedback for improvement, and share this article with your loved ones to help them get into a good college.
Once again thank you for your valuable time and don’t forget to check other amazing articles on this blog.
Is COEP Pune Government college?
Yes,it is a State Government-funded College
Does it take admission form JEE MAIN?
No, only through MHT CET
COEP Pune average package ?
It’s about 3.5 Lpa to 5 Lpa
Is hostel compulsory?
No, one can choose to stay outside campus. But don’t miss hostel life, you will have most memorable moments of your life in hostel.
Is it better that IIT?
IIT have cream of the nation but COEP has cream of Maharashtra.