List of Content
- 1 QUICK FACTS
- 2 ABOUT TCET MUMBAI
- 3 TCET MUMBAI COURSES & SEATS
- 4 RANKING
- 5 HOW TO JOIN TCET MUMBAI
- 6 MHT CET PATTERN
- 7 SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
- 8 MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- 9 HOW TO PREPARE
- 10 TCET MUMBAI CUT OFF(2019)
- 11 FEE STRUCTURE
- 12 OTHER FACILITIES AT TCET MUMBAI
- 13 PLACEMENTS
- 14 TOP RECRUITING COMPANIES
- 15 HOW TO REACH TCET
- 16 KJSCE Mumbai
- 17 SPIT Mumbai
ABOUT TCET MUMBAI
Thakur College of Engineering and Technology(TCET) is a private engineering college located in Thakur Village, Kandivali, Mumbai. TCET was founded by Thakur Education Group in the year 2001. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded TCET “A” grade among various engineering colleges. TCET campus is spread over an area of 3 acre.
Official Website: www.tcetmumbai.in/
TCET MUMBAI COURSES & SEATS
- BACHELOR’S COURSES
- MASTER’S & Ph.D.COURSES
HOW TO JOIN TCET MUMBAI
MHT CET: Students appeared in MHT CET exam will be eligible to attend MHT CET counseling procedure. Cut-offs are generally announced in 3-4 rounds.
NOTE: Minimum of 50% marks are required in 10+2 to get admission for GEN candidate and for category students 45% marks is mandatory. Percentage reduction is valid for residents of Maharashtra only.
PG Students are shortlisted based on the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam score.
Admissions to TCET Mumbai are strictly based on merit only through on-line centralized admission process as per the guidelines of Government of Maharashtra and are conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
MHT CET PATTERN
- The exam will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted online.
- Either student can choose PCM or PCB.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Physics and Chemistry paper is of 90 minutes and Maths/Biology Paper is of 90 minutes.
- The format of the questions paper is shown in the image below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
There are a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with 4 options out of which one is correct. There are 50 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology. For each correct answer in Physics and Chemistry, +1 mark is awarded and Maths/Biology +2 mark is awarded. There is no negative marking. Zero mark is awarded for not answering the question. The maximum marks for the exam are 200.
SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
NOTE: 80% Portion comes from 12 class textbooks and 20% portion comes from 11 class textbooks.
Physics Syllabus of Class 11
|3. Friction in Solids and Liquids|
|4. Scalars and Vectors|
|5. Ray Optics|
|6. Refraction of Light|
|7. Magnetic Effect of Electric Current|
Physics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Circular Motion|
|2. Rotational Motion|
|7. Wave Motion|
|9. Surface Tension|
|10. Wave Theory of Light|
|11. Stationary Waves|
|12. Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation|
|13. Interference and Diffraction|
|14. Current Electricity|
|15. Magnetic Effects of Electric Current|
|16. Electromagnetic Inductions|
|17. Electrons and Photons|
|18. Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei|
|20. Communication Systems|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 11
|1. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|2. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|3. Surface Chemistry|
|4. Redox Reactions|
|5. Nature of Chemical Bond|
|7. s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)|
|8. Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Solid State|
|2. Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic|
|4. General Principles and Processes of Isolation|
|5. Solutions and Colligative Properties|
|7. p-Block elements Group 15 elements|
|8. d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements|
|9. Chemical Kinetics|
|10. Coordination Compounds|
|11. Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes (and arenes)|
|12. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13. Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen|
|14. Alcohols, Phenols and Ether Alcohol|
|16. Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|17. Biomolecules Carbohydrates|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 11
|1. Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles|
|2. Factorization Formulae|
|3. Trigonometric Functions|
|4. Straight Line|
|5. Circle and Conics|
|6. Sets, Relations, and Functions|
|7. Sequences & Series|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Mathematical Logic Statements|
|3. Pair of Straight Lines|
|7. Trigonometric Functions|
|9. Three Dimensional Geometry|
|11. Linear Programming Problems|
|13. Applications of Derivative|
|16. Applications of Definite Integral|
|17. Differential Equation|
|18. Probability Distribution|
|20. Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution|
Biology (Botany) Syllabus:
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Gene: its nature, expression and regulation
- Biotechnology: Process and Application
- Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in Plants
- Organisms and Environment -I
- Diversity in organisms
- Biochemistry of cell
- Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- Plant Growth and Development
Biology (Zoology) Syllabus:
- Origin and the Evolution of Life
- Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic Engineering and Genomics
- Human Health and Diseases
- Animal Husbandry
- Circulation, Excretion and osmo regulation
- Control and Co-ordination
- Human Reproduction
- Organisms and Environment-II
- Organization of Cell
- Animal tissues
- Human Nutrition
- Human Respiration
MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- Application Fee (For General Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra and J&K Migrant Candidates) is Rs. 800
- Application Fee [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC], and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra is Rs. 600
Official Website: mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in
TCET MUMBAI CUT OFF(2019)
MHT CET Rank
(After 3 Round)
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
OTHER FACILITIES AT TCET MUMBAI
- TCET is known for its infrastructure which provides conducive environment and the right academic ambiance. TCET has fully air-conditioned classrooms/seminar halls which are equipped with single seater benches.
- Institute has excellent infrastrucutre consisting of LAN on which 1200 computers are connected to internet with BW of 157 Mbps. Campus also has recreational facilties for boys and girls.
HOW TO REACH TCET
Thakur College of Engineering and Technology is located in “A Block” of Thakur Educational Complex.
Nearest Station: 4.5 km from Borivali Railway Station and it takes around 15 minutes to reach college.
Nearest Airport: 15.6 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
ADDRESS: Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology.
A-Block, Thakur Educational Campus, Shyamnarayan Thakur Marg, Thakur Village, Kandivali(E). Mumbai – 400101.
Tel: 022 – 28461891 / 022 – 67308000, 67308106 / 07
Fax: 022 – 28461890
- Gallery Item
WORDS OF APPRECIATION FROM AUTHOR
I am glad you have made it through last, I know what you are thinking “article is so so big ” but that’s what I promised not to leave any information. If you have found any value out of this content please leave a comment. Also share your feedback for improvement, and share this article with your loved ones to help them get into a good college.
Once again thank you for your valuable time and don’t forget to check other amazing articles on this blog.
Is Thakur College of engineering and Technology a Government college?
No, it is a private college
can you enter TCET by JEEMAIN ?
TCET Mumbai average package
It’s about 4.01 Lpa
Is there hostel facility ?
Yes. Hostel is located at a walking distance from college.
what is Thakur College timings?
9:15 am to 5:15 pm Monday to Friday
Thakur collge of Engineering and Technology hostel fee per year ?
OUR USERS ALSO READ THESE ARTICLES, DON'T MISS
KJSCE Mumbai is one of the best private engineering college in Mumbai. Get complete details about admission, placements, facilities, & much more.