List of Content
- 1 QUICK FACTS
- 2 ABOUT VJTI
- 3 VJTI COURSES & SEATS
- 4 RANKING
- 5 HOW TO JOIN VJTI MUMBAI
- 6 MHT CET PATTERN
- 7 SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
- 8 MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- 9 HOW TO PREPARE
- 10 VJTI CUT OFF(2019)
- 11 FEE STRUCTURE
- 12 HOSTEL FEES
- 13 FOR DETAILED FEE BREAKUP
- 14 OTHER FACILITIES AT VJTI
- 15 PLACEMENTS
- 16 TOP RECRUITING COMPANIES
- 17 NOTABLE ALUMNI
- 18 HOW TO REACH VJTI
- 19 KJSCE Mumbai
- 20 SPIT Mumbai
Full form of VJTI is Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute. VJTI Mumbai is one of the oldest engineering colleges in Asia. It was founded in 1887 as Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute, later in 1997 it was renamed as Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI). VJTI is affiliated to University of Mumbai and is financially supported by the State Government of Maharashtra. The campus is spread over an area of 16 acres.
Official Website : www.vjti.ac.in/
VJTI COURSES & SEATS
- BACHELOR’S COURSES
- MASTER’S COURSES
- MCA COURSES
- DIPLOMA COURSES
HOW TO JOIN VJTI MUMBAI
MHT CET: Students with good marks in MHT CET exam will be eligible to attend MHT CET counseling procedure. Cut-offs are generally announced in 3-4 rounds.
- Minimum of 50% marks are required in 10+2 to get admission for GEN candidate and for category students 45% marks is mandatory. Percentage reduction is valid for residents of Maharashtra only.
- There is no management quota in any of the programmes.
- Admissions for undergraduate diploma courses are based on scores in the Class 10 Board Examination.
PG Students are shortlisted based on the GATE/GPAT score along with the written exam of the Institute or on merit list issued by the Institute.
Admissions to VJTI, Mumbai are strictly based on merit only through on-line centralised admission process as per the guidelines of Government of Maharashtra and are conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
NRI/FN/PIO/OCI and CIWGC seats are not available in Post Graduate Program (M. Tech.).
Admissions to VJTI, Mumbai are strictly based on merit in MCA-CET Exam. Please refer to website https://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in for further details.
Ph.D. candidates are shortlisted based on written round and personal interview taken by the VJTI.
MHT CET PATTERN
- The exam will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted online.
- Either student can choose PCM or PCB.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Physics and Chemistry paper is of 90 minutes and Maths/Biology Paper is of 90 minutes.
- The format of the questions paper is shown in the image below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
There are a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with 4 options out of which one is correct. There are 50 questions each in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology. For each correct answer in Physics and Chemistry, +1 mark is awarded and Maths/Biology +2 mark is awarded. There is no negative marking. Zero mark is awarded for not answering the question. The maximum marks for the exam are 200.
SYLLABUS FOR MHT CET
NOTE: 80% Portion comes from 12 class textbooks and 20% portion comes from 11 class textbooks.
Physics Syllabus of Class 11
|3. Friction in Solids and Liquids|
|4. Scalars and Vectors|
|5. Ray Optics|
|6. Refraction of Light|
|7. Magnetic Effect of Electric Current|
Physics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Circular Motion|
|2. Rotational Motion|
|7. Wave Motion|
|9. Surface Tension|
|10. Wave Theory of Light|
|11. Stationary Waves|
|12. Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation|
|13. Interference and Diffraction|
|14. Current Electricity|
|15. Magnetic Effects of Electric Current|
|16. Electromagnetic Inductions|
|17. Electrons and Photons|
|18. Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei|
|20. Communication Systems|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 11
|1. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|2. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|3. Surface Chemistry|
|4. Redox Reactions|
|5. Nature of Chemical Bond|
|7. s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)|
|8. Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry|
Chemistry Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Solid State|
|2. Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic|
|4. General Principles and Processes of Isolation|
|5. Solutions and Colligative Properties|
|7. p-Block elements Group 15 elements|
|8. d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements|
|9. Chemical Kinetics|
|10. Coordination Compounds|
|11. Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes (and arenes)|
|12. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13. Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen|
|14. Alcohols, Phenols and Ether Alcohol|
|16. Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|17. Biomolecules Carbohydrates|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 11
|1. Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles|
|2. Factorization Formulae|
|3. Trigonometric Functions|
|4. Straight Line|
|5. Circle and Conics|
|6. Sets, Relations, and Functions|
|7. Sequences & Series|
Mathematics Syllabus of Class 12
|1. Mathematical Logic Statements|
|3. Pair of Straight Lines|
|7. Trigonometric Functions|
|9. Three Dimensional Geometry|
|11. Linear Programming Problems|
|13. Applications of Derivative|
|16. Applications of Definite Integral|
|17. Differential Equation|
|18. Probability Distribution|
|20. Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution|
Biology (Botany) Syllabus:
- Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- Gene: its nature, expression and regulation
- Biotechnology: Process and Application
- Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in Plants
- Organisms and Environment -I
- Diversity in organisms
- Biochemistry of cell
- Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- Plant Growth and Development
Biology (Zoology) Syllabus:
- Origin and the Evolution of Life
- Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic Engineering and Genomics
- Human Health and Diseases
- Animal Husbandry
- Circulation, Excretion and osmo regulation
- Control and Co-ordination
- Human Reproduction
- Organisms and Environment-II
- Organization of Cell
- Animal tissues
- Human Nutrition
- Human Respiration
MHT CET ADMISSION FORMS
- Application Fee (For General Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra and J&K Migrant Candidates) is Rs. 800
- Application Fee [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC], and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra is Rs. 600
Official Website: mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in
VJTI CUT OFF(2019)
MHT CET Rank
(After 3 Round)
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
OTHER FACILITIES AT VJTI
Hostel facility is provided inside the 16 acres VJTI campus. Hostels can accommodate 100 girls and 550 boys. Campus has playground, football ground and other sports facilities inside the campus. Internet lab is used by most of the students because of the high speed around 10 Mbps. Internet lab consists of 56 P.C.
Institute also runs a cooperative store which sells stationary items required by students. Canteen facility is also there inside campus which provides all sort of food at subsidized rates.
Being one of the oldest colleges in Asia. VJTI Mumbai has outstanding alumni base in every field.
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Jagdish Chandra Mahindra, Founder , Mahindra & Mahindra
- Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej, Founder, Godrej Group
- Vijay Gupchup-Former Vice Chancellor, University of Mumbai & Ex-Chairman,AICTE, New Delhi
- Anil Kakodkar, Former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission of India
- Yashavant Kanetkar, Author of famous programming book’Let us C’ -used by all engineering students.
- Vaman Srinivas Kudva, Founder Director, Syndicate Bank
HOW TO REACH VJTI
Nearest Airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport which is 10 Km away.
Nearest Railway Station is Matunga Station which is a local train station at 2 km distance.
ADDRESS: H. R. Mahajani Marg, Matunga East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400019
Contact Number: +91 22 24198101
Fax:+91 22 24152874
- Gallery Item
WORDS OF APPRECIATION FROM AUTHOR
I am glad you have made it through last, I know what you are thinking “article is so so big ” but that’s what I promised not to leave any information. If you have found any value out of this content please leave a comment. Also share your feedback for improvement, and share this article with your loved ones to help them get into a good college.
Once again thank you for your valuable time and don’t forget to check other amazing articles on this blog.
Is VJTI a Government college?
Yes,it is a State Government-funded College
can you enter VJTI by JEEMAIN
No, only through MHT CET
VJTI Mumbai average package ?
It’s about 6 Lpa
Is there hostel compulsory ?
No, one can choose to stay outside campus. But don’t miss hostel life, you will have most memorable moments of your life in hostel(Seats are limited).
Is VJTI College better that IIT?
IIT have cream of the nation but VJTI has cream of Maharashtra.
OUR USERS ALSO READ THESE ARTICLES, DON'T MISS
KJSCE Mumbai is one of the best private engineering college in Mumbai. Get complete details about admission, placements, facilities, & much more.